Acupuncture is a form of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) that has been practiced for centuries. It is used to naturally improve the energy flow of Qi (chee) through the body to re-balance and bring an overall holistic treatment. Activating specific points in the body with sterile, single use needles can help open up these pathways needed to balance your Qi.
Traditional acupuncture is good for
- Pain Management: Acupuncture medicine has shown effectiveness in alleviating various types of pain, such as lower back pain, knee pain, and migraines.
- Stress Reduction: Acupuncture needles are believed to stimulate points that release tension and improve the body’s stress response.
- Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Different studies show that acupuncture can help mitigate nausea and vomiting, relieve stomach distress and treat chronic diarrhoea and constipation.
- Anxiety and Depression: Acupuncture have a positive impact on anxiety and depression symptoms by influencing neurotransmitter levels and reducing muscle tension.
- Insomnia: Acupuncture aids in improving sleep quality by addressing underlying factors contributing to insomnia.
- Women’s Health: Acupuncture can help with painful periods, long & heavy periods, the absence of periods, PMS (premenstrual syndrome) and hormonal imbalance.
- Skin Management: Extra thin needles are placed onto specific points in the face to relax the facial muscles, ease tension, treat redness and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Points on the body are also targeted to ensure that any underlying facial issues are addressed.